Skip to main content

Lead in assurance

I'm going to be honest with you here. It's been two full years now that I have been leading campus ministry within Spartan Athletics at Trinity Western University and I still do not feel equipped to represent Christ in the manner which I believe Christ should be represented. I felt like that was a bad thing when I sat down to meet with God this evening and God had a very special message for me that I now know I need to keep close to my heart.

I read through the end of 1 Corinthians and the first eight chapters of 2 Corinthians tonight and as I read God revealed to me the importance of understanding His Majesty. What is Majesty you ask? Webster's defines majesty as the sovereignty and power of God. What God wanted me to understand tonight is that He is unfathomable and I am His creation. I do not possess the ability to represent God unless He chooses to reveal pieces of who He is through me. Do you see the freedom in that understanding? My fear of not being able to represent God is completely unjustified because I do not possess the ability to do so in the first place and that is by design. Ephesians 2:9 says "...not by works, so that no man can boast." I cannot choose to represent God. God chooses to represent Himself through me. This is the perfect design and there is freedom within every aspect of God's design.

So, I praise the name of Jesus because it is not by my own works that I represent God rather it is by living within the freedom of Christ's sacrifice that God represents Himself through my life. Because I believe in Christ, God has come to dwell within me, my body is a temple for His Spirit and I must simply submit to His call daily so that God can show Himself to His people as I interact with them.

Be encouraged by this truth. Like me, you may not always feel equipped to represent Christ appropriately, but never forget that because you believe in Jesus, God has given you His Spirit within you so that you might represent Him well in each an every moment that you are asked to. The challenge is to prepare your heart daily to respond accordingly when the Spirit of God prompts. Do not stifle the perfect plan of God. Rather, trust that He has given you everything you need to to complete the task He has asked you to do. The Spirit will guide you if you ask for direction. Obviously easier to say then to do, but scripture is there to encourage you in your journey, just as it did for me tonight, so read it often!

Be Blessed
For His Kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetual

Perpetual This word has become a motto for me. Life does not stop for anyone. It can be incredibly joyful or incredibly agonising but life does not stop. Life is perpetual. As I’ve grown I have been in many moments where I’ve wished that life would simply stop, relax, slow down, Chill out! But it never does. It is always demanding something more from me. Life is perpetual and it demands growth. Growth is uncomfortable. Growth is also the one constant that we can either embrace or run away from. We can either see the beauty within the discomfort of pain or we can retreat into ourselves and hope that the demand of growth in ourselves just leaves us alone. I’m telling you that it will never happen. The universe is continually expanding - growing - and you are a part of that growth whether you want to experience it or not. If you do not want to experience it you will live an unfulfilled life of selfishness and fear. If you will choose to accept this reality and embrace the dis

The Marriage Journey

Three years ago today I got married. Most certainly the best day of my life. There is something almost unbelievable about the commitment of marriage. Making the choice to be intimately involved with someone else’s life forever is a truly amazing commitment and even today when I sit down, quiet myself, and think about what it has meant to me thus far it is difficult to comprehend or put into words. My wife has made that same commitment to me and the power and weight behind that reality is something that brings forth a deep emotional response. I am blessed beyond what I could have imagined. My wife is named Sarah. She is a tall, smokin’ hot, redhead on the outside and a fiercely stubborn, incredibly passionate and creative woman on the inside who knows how to love and care for others more deeply than anyone else that I have been close to in my life. Many people have told me that I have a deeply caring nature about me and I do believe that is one of my giftings but the depth of

The Challenge of Choice

Think of all the things you do on a daily basis. The food you eat The words you say The clothes you wear The way you drive to work, or walk, or bike The time you get up and go to sleep The way you style your hair Obviously the list is endless. Now think of all of the things above as choices that you’ve made. In actuality that is what they are - Choices. You aren’t always making those choices consciously but you are or you have made those choices and all of those choices you make each day are contributing to a specific result. Eat the donut instead of the apple on a regular basis and what is going to happen to your body? Say words from a place of selfish frustration instead of a place of loving care and what will happen to your relationships? This blog I am writing is a result of a choice that I made earlier in the day. I am currently working on a certification to increase my education. It is a self paced, online, learning system which leaves all of the motivatio